Non-profit organizations depend on volunteers to stretch their funding dollars. Giving your time and talent is certainly an option, instead of, or in addition to, your financial support. COVID-19 left many of Ohio’s non-profit organizations trying to fill a gap of much needed volunteers, while maintaining safety for their staff and clients.
For Service Referral or Volunteer Opportunities:
Hands On Central Ohio or call (614) 221-6766
Below are ways to connect with or volunteer at the federations Buckeyes for Charity supports. Additionally, if you or someone you know is in need of services, use this guide as a reference to connect to service providers throughout the year.
CHC: Creating Healthier Communities, formerly Community Health Charities, is a catalyst for good health, bringing communities, nonprofits, and businesses together around a shared commitment to better health and wellbeing. Together with partners, CHC works to address the barriers to good health and equity and create resilient communities where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. CHC represents thousands of high-impact nonprofits, connecting them with resources from our corporate, foundation and government partners to power transformative change. For more information:
- Visit chcimpact.org to read our recent blog posts, newsletters, and to access health resources.
- Follow @chcimpact on social media platforms to be notified about program updates and the health causes our charity partners support.
- Explore our public Volunteer Tool to find local volunteer opportunities.
Community Shares of Mid Ohio promotes the concept of “informed philanthropy” to help them make sound decisions about which causes to support. To that end, we encourage everyone to join our email list (send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org), like us on Facebook and to bookmark our website at communityshares.net. Should you have questions about us, or any organization we represent, please feel free to email email@example.com, or call (614) 262-1176.
Thank you for your interest in protecting our environment – where we live, work, and play! Want to get more involved with us and our various member organizations? Visit our website at earthshareohio.org to:
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter – full of tips on going green and current, reliable news on environmental topics.
- Become a volunteer – use our VolunteerMatch search engine to find volunteering opportunities that are nearby and near to your heart.
- Follow us on social media – get the latest news fast!
Thank you for your support of clean air and water, healthy wildlife and habitats, and vital advocacy and educational programming that protects these things through EarthShare Ohio and our network of groups! Together, we can make a difference in our community.
Want to get more involved with The United Negro College Fund? Visit our website at http://www.uncf.org/local-offices/columbus:
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at UNCF
- Become a volunteer
- Register for our Walk for Education, Mayor’s Luncheons or Masked Ball by calling (614) 221-5309
Thank you for supporting UNCF, because a mind is a terrible thing to waste!
Want to get more involved with the United Way of Central Ohio? Visit our website at https://liveunitedcentralohio.org/ to:
- Sign up to:
- Join our United Way giving groups, including:
- Follow us on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Thank you for your support of The United Way of Central Ohio! Together, we can make a difference in our community.
The United Way of Delaware County always has corporate engagement opportunities. We look for volunteer assistance with our annual Supplies For Scholars events, volunteering at one of our many agencies like Common Ground Free Store, or Lutheran Social Services, or collecting needed holiday gifts for Delaware County Foster Children. You can find engagement opportunities on our website at www.liveuniteddelawarecounty.org/engagement
Want to get more involved with United Way of Fairfield County? Visit our website at uwayfairfieldco.org to:
- Become a volunteer
- Train with us to prepare taxes as part of our VITA program
- Sign your infant up for Dolly’s Imagination Library
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Register for our annual 5K
Thank you for your support of United Way of Fairfield County! Together, we can make a difference in our community.
Thank you for your support of United Way of Licking County Federation and YOUR community!
Our mission at United Way of Licking County is to improve lives by uniting the community. We do that by bringing together hundreds of volunteers to address the issues that face our community. We also work tirelessly to raise dollars that will fund programs that will act not as a band aid but rather address the whole problem, the whole family. We fight for those who need a voice and those we do not yet know. We fight for better mental health; we fight for children, youth, and families; we fight to stop poverty. To live better we must Live United.
Want to be more involved? Visit our website at unitedwaylc.org to:
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Become a volunteer
- Follow us on social media
- Register for our annual event
Thank YOU for helping us Live United!
To become involved in United Way of Pickaway County, visit our website at pickuw.org.
- Sign up to be a volunteer.
- Make a donation.
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Be an advocate.
Thank you for your continued support of United Way of Pickaway County. Live United!
Interested in helping us bring neighbors and resources together to improve lives, right here in Union County?
Visit our website at: http://unitedwayofunioncounty.org/ to:
- Learn more about our army of volunteers and the work they do – plus you can join in and LIVE UNITED too!
- Follow us on social media to get the latest news, photos and updates
- Check out the latest line-up of volunteer and event needs
We appreciate your support of your local community – please let us know if we can assist you further.